It’s my favourite weekday of the week! Fridaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
I only have two weeks of work left before going back to Canada, so while I’m now stressing over trying to find a new job, I am also looking forward to having a bit of a break!
Today I’m linking up with Lauren’s blog for her High Five for Friday feature.
These are my five favourite things about the past week:
1. Allegra and I met up for coffee on Thursday which was great! It was so nice to meet another blogger, let alone another Canadian living in the same town as me. I love how blogging brings people together It was lovely to meet you Allegra!
2. I went to yoga and spinning this week. Usually I just go to one or the other so it was nice to fit in both.
3. We went to Kent to visit Dubsy’s sister last weekend and went out for the first ‘proper’ night out I’ve had in ages. There was much merriment and drinking. My drink(s) of choice were martinis, though I also tried my first Jaegerbomb (peer pressure is awful, I tell ya!). What a strange, horrible, disgusting concoction. Yuck!
(this version over ice, not a fancy thing with an olive in it)
4. Dubsy and I watched 12 Angry Men, which is a brilliant film and I’d highly recommend it. If you’ve seen Carnage (which I also really liked) and were amazed at Polanski’s ability to produce an entire film that takes place in one room, you’ll really like 12 Angry Men. It’s a similar one-room concept, but it’s about a jury trying to decide the fate of the accused in a murder trial. And it’s from 1957. I love old films!
5. The pigeon chicks in the nest outside one of our office windows have hatched! This pigeon (we’re assuming it’s the same one) built the nest last year, had two crops of babies, then disappeared. She came back this year and laid more eggs so we were really happy to find that they had hatched when we arrived at the office on Monday.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
What was the best part of the past week for you?